Saturday, November 17, 2007

Skiing


So, I finally went skiing in November. By myself. I made it up to Copper Mountain yesterday, my day off, and it was sweet. There was barely any snow on the mountain, (besides the man made stuff I was skiing on) and there was basically only one run open. The whole "ski cycle", the lift ride and time skiing down, took about 5 minutes total. I did it 30+ times and still left by 1pm. The conditions were not that great at all, but it was still one of the greatest days I've had in a long time. I put in my ipod shuffle headphones and hung out in the mountains by myself for a day. It got me thinking that I don't do that enough...or barely ever. We're constantly surrounded by noise: TV, radio, the internet, school, and annoying people talking. We were MADE to need time alone. I think we all need to recognize that and take advantage of living in Colorado.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

skiing is the best. but every ski season starts with the best film on the planet, and it is Warren Miller. the people who made these kind of films, are one of the greatest film experts in the universe. i think every one should enjoy skiing and Warren Miller. if you don't see Warren Miller it's ok. cause if you don't, it's ok because god is every where. he is the one who makes the greatest powder and snow on the planet. but there is one resort in the whole world where i think, and it is Copper Mountain. why is because god is with you. he will always be there for you, and god is the one who helped you get down a double black dimond when you were little. Skiing is the best.